Millet Chocolate Granola Bars
Millet chocolate granola bars are the ideal energy bar for your quick snacks. These Millet chocolate granola bars are loaded with nutrients from the oats, millets, dried fruits, nuts and honey contained in the bars. The magic ingredient Kalyanam cocoa has made it an irresistible snack even for kids. They are the best to munch on to relieve those hunger pangs in a jiffy!
- 1 cup oats 75 grams (rolled oats better)
- 1/4 cup oats 20 grams, finely ground, or 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut desiccated, 60 grams
- 1/2 cup millet flakes 65 grams
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup dried fruit about 140 grams chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate 170 grams chopped or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 65 grams
- 1/4 cup coconut oil warmed until
- 1/4 cup date syrup, honey about 85 grams
- 1/4 cup Kalya coco powder
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8-by-8 inch square pan with two sheets of parchment paper, extending each up two sides, forming a sling for your bars to make them easy to remove.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flour or ground oats, coconut, millet, salt, cinnamon (if using), dried fruit, cocoa and chocolate.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, oil and sweetener of choice until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and stir until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan, spreading until flat, then use an addition square of parchment paper to protect your hand as you press, press, press the ingredients tightly into all corners of the pan, until they can be pressed no flatter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden and the edges are light brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting; they'll be even easier to cut without crumbling if you chill them in the fridge first, so feel free to cool them there.
- Once cool, use the parchment sling to lift bars from pan and transfer to cutting board. Use a sharp, serrated knife in a very gentle sawing motion to cut bars into desired sizes
- Bars will keep at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container,
Calories: 653 kcal | Carbohydrates: 71 g | Protein: 12 g | Fat: 39 g | Saturated Fat: 23 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 302 mg | Potassium: 607 mg | Fiber: 12 g | Sugar: 29 g | Vitamin A: 15 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 66 mg | Iron: 7 mg