Matar Aloo Ki Sabzi -Green Peas Potato Curry
Aloo Matar Ki Sabzi Recipe is a very traditional Punjabi dish that is made with potatoes and peas, simmered in light and tangy gravy. The recipe has a delicate addition of spices to the potatoes in a tangy curd gravy, simmered to perfection brings out the essence of this flavorful dish. Serve the Aloo Mutter Ki Sabzi along with steamed rice,Â paratha's, phulka's or naan's Â for a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 3 cups Green Peas
- 2 potatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh curd
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 2 spicy green chilies
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped choriander leaves
- 4 table spoon cooking oil
- Take onion and green chilies in mixer grinder jar. Grind it into fine paste.
- Heat oil in kadhai, crackle cumin seeds when seeds stop crackling add onion green chilies prepared past. Cook and saute for 3minutes on low flame.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder andar turmeric powder. Mix it well n saute for minute.
- Add green peas and potatoes mix it with cooked masala. Add 1/3 cup water. Cover the lid n cook for 5 to 7minutes on low flame.
- Add salt to taste n whisk curd. Mix it well. Check potatoes with knife if potatoes get soft. Add coriander leaves and mix it well. Cover the lid and cook it for another 3 to 5minutes. When oil start floating on all over sabzi. Switch
- Add salt to taste n whisk curd. Mix it well. Check potatoes with knife if potatoes get soft. Add coriander leaves and mix it well. Cover the lid and cook it for another 3 to 5minutes. When oil start floating on all over sabzi. Switch off the flame.
- Matar Aloo Sabzi is ready to serve. Serve this hot with chapati, naan or roti.
You can use tomatoes instead of curd. Grind tomatoes with onion and cooked.