Garlic Tea Time Buns
A yummy snack to relish with your tea
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 4 cups Whole wheat flour atta
- 1/4 cup Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Water very warm
- 2 cups All purpose flour maida
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Butter for brushing
- Mixed herbs to sprinkle
- Mix whole wheat flour, honey, butter, salt and yeast in large bowl. Add warm water. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently.
- Stir in enough all-purpose flour (1/2 cup at a time), to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in warm place 40 to 60 minutes or until double.
- Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- Punch down dough and divide in balls. Roll each ball with hands on lightly floured surface.
- Press each end with side of hand to seal. Fold ends under bun. Place seam side down in a cookie sheet or large pan.
- Brush buns lightly with butter and sprinkle with mixed herbs. Cover and let rise in warm place 35 to 50 minutes or until double.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until buns are deep golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Remove from tray to wire rack.
- Brush buns with butter; cool.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 224 kcal | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0.1 g | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 493 mg | Potassium: 153 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 6 g | Vitamin A: 120 IU | Vitamin C: 0.4 mg | Calcium: 17 mg | Iron: 2 mg
No comments yet
Yummy! I would also like to bake such buns 🙂
What i really like about your recipes is that they are very tempting but APF if can be avoided please make recipes from that. I would surely love to try them.
Wow, very very tempting, just need my coffee now…