Jackfruit’S Dahi Bada
Our great poet Rabindranath Tagore when visited other cities and ate lot of dishes. When he returned home he instructed his cook how to make in his own style. Sometimes he cooked himself. This is how Tagore's kitchen enhanced. Sometimes his aunt whatever ate wrote but those are not in systematic way. The author Purnima Devi one of his family member introduce the recipe in her world famous recipe book. I have searched this lost recipe which is south Indian cuisine. Normally dahi bada means we know north Indian cuisine, dipped in curd or covered with lot of curd. Spread with sweet chutney and fine sew, sprinkle with chat masala. But this is totally different bada made by jackfruit and tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilli and curd.
- 1 cup moong dal paste
- 1/2 cup shredded boiled jackfruit
- 1 tbsp raw mango sauce
- 1/2 tsp roasted cummin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1-2 whole red chilli
- 2 spring curry leaves
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup oil for deep fry
- Boil the jackfruit pieces and strain the the excess water.
- Shaded jackfruit keep aside.
- Make a moong dal paste adding with pinch of salt and roasted cumin seeds.
- Add green mango sauce and whipped.
- Take a wak add oil for deep fry. Now make the badas padding on your palm and press with your thumb. You can see in the picture.
- Turn other side and see how it is cooked.
- Take out keep in a serving plate.
- Take a tempering pan add 1 tbsp oil. Heat the oil add whole red chilli, mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Cover with lid and put off the flame. After few seconds open the lid pour the whipped curd.
- Now take a serving plate arrange the badas pour the tempering curd sprinkle with roasted spice.
Mango sauce is made by green chilli, raw mango, curry leaves and salt.
Chole Bhature! The name only makes one drool. This North Indian , crispy, crunchy, spicy,…
Wheat Veg Momos- A healthier version of the famous street food in the past decade…
Beguni is the delicious pakodas from Kolkata, made with brinjal. Slices of egg plant or…
Baked Seedai With Olive Oil
It's Krishna Jayanti today and there are so many seedai making gurus. Hence I am…
Strawberry Cream Cheese Eggrolls With Chocolate Drizzle
Crunchy Eggrolls filled with Gooey strawberry cream cheese and drizzled with yummy chocolate
Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Oven baked sweet potatoes fries are guilt-free, easy side dish recipe. It’s a healthy tiffin…
Gelato vs Ice cream vs Custard vs Frozen yogurt vs soft serve – What’s the difference?
How many times have you heard these terms which confuse the hell out of you? All you wanted was an…
Measurements Demystified – How Many Cups In A Gallon? How Many Ounces In A Pint?
Generally, when following recipes or cookbooks or cooking shows, we tend to get confused about this ounce, pint, gallon liquid…
To Mom, With Love!
Hey! Look you are here again. Reading my blog anxiously. Waiting to find some recipes on the platter. However, this…
5 Easy Sauces You Should Master For Party
Toppings and dips make EVERYTHING better. Be it pasta, or pizza, or your grilled chicken. That being said, finding a…
7 Tips To Cut Calories And Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself
Deciding to lose weight can be easy, but losing weight is where it gets complicated. If you’re new to weight…
Baking Bread – 12 Must Have Baking Ingredients In Your Kitchen
Must Have Baking Ingredients! More often than not, baking is a planned event, but there are times when you decide…