Let’s learn the simple Homemade Mayonnaise from scratch as mayonnaise is basic cold emulsion sauce. It is used as an accompaniment, spread for sandwiches and as a salad dressing. It has a wide variety of uses, particularly in Hors dâ€™oeuvres & salads. if you are wondering does mayonnaise have eggs so the answer is yes! traditional mayonnaise contained egg. Lets see how to make mayonnaise at home from scratch.
Important points to be considered:
- Do not expose mayonnaise to too low temperature after making
- Initially, the oil should not be added rapidly
- Do not use too cold
- The oil should be in proportion to the egg
- Cover the sauce with a lid and store in a cool
- All ingredients need to be room temperature, so plan ahead by taking out the eggs at least thirty minutes before you prepare it.
- You may add a little cayenne pepper too, in the preparation.
- You may use Canola Oil / Corn Oil / Sunflower Oil / Groundnut Oil instead of Olive Oil.
Rectification of Turned or Curdled Mayonnaise:
- By taking a clean bowl, add in boiling water or vinegar & gradually whisking in the curdled Mayonnaise
- Place an egg yolk & gradually whisk in the curdled mayonnaise.
- If a small quantity of Mayonnaise is to be rectified, then put the mustard powder in a clean bowl & add in drop by drop, whisking the curdled mayonnaise.
About the Author: This recipe has been shared by Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji who believes that food that she cooks should touch heart and soul of the person and she dedicates all her success to her Angel Mother. Works as Speciality Chef with Percept Knorigin, Cinecurry, Chefsutra and as a Food Authorwith Pioneerchef, Theurbanspice, Pinksworth, Tanyamunshi, Mangobunch, Plattershare, Womenplanet.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.1 based on 7 votes
Be the first to rate this post.