Fried Tofu In Tomato Sauce
- Firm Tofu - 200 gms
- Ripe tomatos - 200 gms
- Minced garlic - 1 tsp
- Finely diced de-seeded green chilly - 2-3 gms
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Dark soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - as required for deep frying
- Finely chopped Spring onion for garnishing - 2tbsp
- Cherry tomatos sliced in quarters for garnishing - 3-4 No
- Remove the excess water, if any, from the tofu blocks - by pressing them gentally between the kichen paper towels.
- Cut Tofu into 1/2 inch long rectangular blocks.
- Heat the adequate quantity of vegetable oil in a wok - deep fry the tofu blocks to the crisp texture and light golden brown colour.
- Allow deep fried tofu chunks to cool inside the paper towels - to allow the removal of excess oil.
- Blanche tomotos in boiling water for 2-3 minutes; allow them to cool; remove from the vessel peal the skin & chopped them finely.
- In a frying pan - heat 2 tbsp oil - add minced garlic - saute for 30 second.
- Add chopped tomatos, soya sauce, sugar, and salt - add little water to adjust the consistency of the sauce and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes on low gas flame - stir occassionally.
- Add fried tofu chunks to the simmering sauce & mix well - allow the tofu chunks to absorb the sauce and let excess water be dried up.
- Fried Tofu in tomato sauce is ready for eating. Before serving, garnish with chopped green onion and sliced cherry tomatos.
No comments yet
Tasty and tempting and nice information about Vietnamese cuisine.˜