Fried Forbidden Rice (Easy Chinese Fried Rice Recipe With Black Rice )
Forbidden Black Rice is yet another of my experiments with the nutty flavored black rice which turns a deep purple once cooked. It made me fall in love with it once again. Quick, easy-to-prepare and heavenly in taste, this one is a must-try.
- 2 cup black rice cooked
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp heaped brown sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup spring onions finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Take the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, chili powder, 2 pinch salt and 3 tsp water in a cup. Mix well.
- Heat a skillet. Add the sesame oil.
- Once oil is hot, thrown in the garlic and let it release it's aroma.
- Add the vegetable and saute on high for 2 mins.
- Add the sauce and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the cooked black rice. Adjust salt. Stir fry on high for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with some fried tofu.
Calories: 734 kcal | Carbohydrates: 150 g | Protein: 16 g | Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Sodium: 204 mg | Potassium: 562 mg | Fiber: 8 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 3805 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 73 mg | Iron: 3 mg
No comments yet
Healthy black rice given a beautiful twist!
You are really experimenting….Keep the good work.