Easy Pancake Recipe
Easy Pancake recipe shared here would inspire you to say bye bye to Aunt Jemima's pancake mix. There is nothing like making hot and fluffy pancakes at home. With few basic ingredients, making pancakes from scratch can be a fun family weekend activity. Drizzle it with maple syrup or honey, top it with whipped cream or blueberry sauce homemade pancakes makes a perfect lazy Sunday brunch. Let's begin with making homemade pancake mix and finally the perfect pancakes. Don't forget to read till the end as we share few innovative pancake recipes to add a zest to your breakfast.
- Dry Ingredients for Homemade Pancake Mix
- All purpose flour - 1 Cup
- Granulated Sugar - 2 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Wet Ingredients for Homemade Pancake Mix
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Egg - 1
- Melted Butter - 2 Tablespoon
- Butter Stick for frying/greasing the pan
- For Serving Pancakes
- Sliced Banana
- Maple Syrup/ Honey
- How to make pancake mix - Pancake mix available in the market are loaded with chemicals and preservatives. It is always good to make your own pancake mix at home.
- Dry ingredients first - Sift dry ingredients like All purpose flour, baking soda, salt and granulated sugar in a Bowl.
- Wet ingredients goes next - Break the egg, add milk and melted butter. Whisk it together with help of hand whisker.
- Make your instant pancake mix - Make a hole/well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients. With the help of a spatula, fold it few times to get a medium consistency pancake mix batter. Easy to make pancake mix is ready.
- Pancake mix batter now goes on the greased griddle - grease the frying pan/ griddle with butter and pour ladle full of pancake mix batter. It will spread on its own, no need to fiddle with it.
- Let it cook for 1 minute or as soon as the bubbles start appearing and the sides appear brown its time to flip it and cook the other side. Repeat the same process with rest of the batter
- Easy .and fluffy pancakes are ready.
- To Serve pancake - Drizzle Maple syrup or honey over the pancake stack. Top it with Fruits (caramelized Banana, strawberry), sauce ( blueberry sauce) of the choice or whipped cream.
- Variation - Pumpkin Pancake - Halloween special Pumpkin pancakes are another great variation to this basic and classic pancake recipe. Just add 1/4 extra cup of all-purpose flour and 7 tablespoons of pumpkin puree to the wet ingredients.
Here are few more variations to make easy pancake –
- Wheat Flour Pancake
- Banana Pancake
- Honey Glazed Oats Pancake
- Blueberry Pancake
- Almond Pancakes (Eggless)
- Chocolate Pancakes
HomeChef Sweta Biswal Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with