Chia Seeds Beetroot & Yogurt Dip
Chia seed is now a known super-food to all & mostly we use it in our daily breakfast cereals, smoothies, puddings or as sprinkles over salads . This time chia seeds are send to me by Go India Organic in association with Plattershare. I thought organic is some what desi concept & we Indians at some point of time used to produce organic food mainly. So I wanted to make something very Indian with this organic chia seed & i twisted my regular yogurt chutney by adding chia ,beetroot & lemon. Here is the recipe..
- Chia Seeds : 2 tbsp
- Beetroot : 1 medium size
- Mint Leaves : A handfull
- Yogurt : 4 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder : 1 tsp
- Black Salt : 1 tsp
- Lemon A half : Deseeded & Chopped
- Green Chili : As per Taste
- Ginger : A half inch
- Boil beetroot in a pressure cooker with a cup of water. Let it cool , peel & roughly chop into small pieces. Now blend this with chia seeds & all other ingredients mentioned above . Your Chia Beetroot & Yogurt dip is ready.
- It tastes great with home made sun-dried potato chips.
- Chia seeds do not have its own taste . It acquires the taste of the food it is blend with.
- Drink lots of water when you consume chia seeds