Sweet pongal recipe also known as sakkarai pongal recipe | chakkara pongal recipe is used to make on festival occasions. This is my favorite pongal recipe. I have already shared how to make ven pongal recipe. Learn how to prepare sweet pongal recipe with simple steps.
Yield / Serves
Raw rice (pacharisi) â€“ 1 cup
Jaggery (crushed) â€“ 1 cup
Raisins â€“ 15 grams
Cashew nuts â€“ 15 grams
Ghee â€“ 5 spoons
Cardamom â€“ 3 noâ€™s
Honey â€“ 1 spoon
Water to boil rice
First wash the raw rice in water twice, then add water and soak for 10 minutes.
Switch on the stove place a pan and add 2 cups of water then allow it to boil.
When water boiling add raw rice then close the lid and allow it to cook up to 10 minutes. (After 5 minutes gap add cardamom powder and mix well)
Now check the rice whether it is cooked or not.
Next add crushed jaggery and mix well. then cook in a low flame until the jaggery merged well with rice. (Add 2 spoons ghee in this mixture to give good aroma and non sticky)
At this stage take a pan now add three spoons ghee when it is heated add raisins and cashew then fry until it will become golden colour.
Now add the fried cashews, raisins and 1 spoon honey in Chakkara pongal and mix well.
Now simple and delicious traditional sweet pongal recipe is ready to serve.
- In this recipe I didn’t fry the rice and not adding moong dal.
- According to your taste you can fry the moong dal and raw rice and prepare this Chakkarai pongal. (It gives another sweet taste of pongal)
- different style of sweet pongal recipe methods available like kovil sakkarai pongal recipe, sakkarai pongal brahmin recipe style (sakkarai pongal recipe iyengar) and sweet pongal recipe with sugar. This is a Kongu nadu style simple Chakkarai pongal recipe.
- There are two type’s jaggeries available in stores, one in dark brown colour and another in light brown colour.
- Dark colour jaggery gives thick colour but less amount of sweet taste, light colour jaggery gives sweeter and less colour of pongal so according to this take jaggery level correctly.
- Here I put jaggery raw, u can add filtered jaggery.
- few people prepare sweet pongal recipe with jaggery and milk
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4 based on 1 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp