Veggie Hot Dog
- Potatoes â€“ 2 boiled and peeled and mashed
- Boiled vegetables â€“ 1/3 cup mashed I have added carrot, green peas, spinach
- Ginger & Garlic Paste â€“ Â½ tsp
- Cilantro â€“ 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green Chillies â€“ 2 finely chopped
- Garam Masala â€“ Â½ tsp
- Coriander Powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds â€“ 1 tsp
- Oil â€“ to shallow fry
- Bread Slices â€“ 2 crumbled
- Cornflour â€“ 2 tbsp mixed in the water and make a thick paste
- Bread Crumbs â€“ Â¼ cup
- Lime juice â€“ 1/2 tbsp
- Hot Dog Buns â€“ 4
- Tomato â€“ 1 chopped
- Cucumber â€“ 2 tbsp chopped
- Onion â€“ 2 tbsp chopped
- Cabbage â€“ 2 tbsp chopped
- Mint Leaves â€“ 2 tbsp chopped
- Green Chutney or mayonnaise
- Tomato Ketchup
- Yellow Mustard I donâ€™t like yellow mustard but if you want so you can add
- For Patty : Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add ginger & garlic paste, mashed potatoes and vegetables, red chilli powder, green chillies, fresh bread crumbs, salt, coriander powder, garam masala, lime juice, cilantro. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Roll the mixture into lengthwise patty and dip into the cornflour mix and roll them on the bread crumbs so that they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry them till they turn golden brown and crispy.
- For Veggie Hot Dog Ã¢â¬â Slit the hot dog bun from the center.(If you want, you can toast it by applying little butter/ghee on both sides)
- Open the bun and apply green chutney or mayonnaise.
- Arrange chopped tomatoes, cucumber, cabbage, onion and veg patty over the bun.
- Apply tomato ketchup and yellow mustard and garnish with mint leaves.
No comments yet
Looks yummyyy !!!!