Soups are hearty comfort food , warming the soul and packed with flavours. Hot and Sour soup is a versatile starter or snack to have before a large meal and its different taste and flavour will make you to love it. Make this tickling hot and sour soup , a perfect soup for winter nights and enjoy the taste…
Best Sellers on Amazon
Yield / Serves
Thinly chopped onions 1 cup
Very finely chopped garlic, carrots,beans and cabbage 1 tea spoon each
Vegetable stock 500 ml
Soya Sauce 4 tea spoons Green Chilli Sauce 2 tea spoons Tomato Sauce 1 tea spoon
Finely chopped Spring onions 1 tb spoon
White Vinegar 1 tea spoon
Sugar 1 tea spoon
Salt to taste
White pepper powder as per your taste
Corn flour 2 tb spoons
Butter and Oil 1 tb spoon each
Heat a pan with butter and oil. Fry the onions in high flame till they become dark golden brown. Add the chopped garlic, carrots, beans and cabbage and stir well.
Now add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce and stir for few minutes. Pour the veg stock in to it adding required salt and a tea spoon of sugar. Let them boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the white pepper powder too.
Meanwhile mix the corn flour with 100 ml of water and dilute it without any lumps. Pour it into the boiling stuff and stir well. Switch off the stove. Add the vinegar and stir well. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
- Take a bowl of chopped begetables that you have stock in hand and add surplus water to it.
- Boil them atleast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or pressure cook them to 6 or 7 whistles and simmer it and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the steam is released strain out the water and use it.
- The flavour of the vegetables like celery leaves, potatoes etc add real flavour to the soup you make.
- This can be made in advance when you are free and stored in refrigerator.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.6 based on 5 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Browse by Served As
Browse Recipes By