Sweet Bird’S Nests
These bite sized crunchy Arabic style sweets are made healthier with the use of honey. Chopped nuts are drenched in honey and filled inside the baked vermicelli cups. Super fine vermicelli strands or Pakistani vermicelli is used for making the nests. Cooking and then baking the cups makes them crunchy. Butter enhances the taste and makes them more crispy. Honey adds natural sweetness and flavor to the sweet.
- 100 gm Vermicelli very thin, Pakistani Vermicelli
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 20 gm Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup Pistachios chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 cup Water
- Boil water in a big pan.
- Once the water boils, carefully place the vermicelli strands without breaking into the pan. Use Pakistani Vermicelli that are super fine.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Do not stir.
- Once done, carefully strain excess water.
- Grease cupcake moulds or mini cupcake moulds with little butter.
- Place the cooked vermicelli strands in each of the moulds forming circular pattern. Adjust with fingers and press the base and sides to create a shallow space in the center.
- Add a small cube of butter to the center of each nest.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- Bake the vermicelli cups for 15 minutes.
- Then preheat the oven to 200 degree centigrade.
- And bake the vermicelli nests for another 10 minutes.
- Allow them to cool down completely.
Meanwhile prepare the nut filling
- For this, take the chopped nuts (almonds and pistachios) in a bowl.
- Add half of the honey taken and mix well.
- Fill the baked vermicelli baskets with honey coated nuts.
Next prepare a honey syrup
- Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the remaining honey.
- Drizzle this honey syrup all over the vermicelli nests.
- Serve these crunchy bird's nests that are drenched in sweetness.
Buy on Amazon
Super Automatic Espresso &amp; Coffee Machine
Calories: 510 kcal | Carbohydrates: 81 g | Protein: 8 g | Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g | Trans Fat: 0.2 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 89 mg | Potassium: 331 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 54 g | Vitamin A: 189 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 79 mg | Iron: 2 mg
Recipe sponsored by Apis Himalaya Honey Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet
Thank u so much Kirti 🙂
Oh my god…what a brilliant recipe