Some recipes are just too tempting to be tried and this is one of them. I had seen this in chef Sanjeev kapoor's show and I so wanted to try this signature dish of his. Presenting, "SHAAM SAVERA"... Paneer stuffed spinach koftas, cooked in makhni gravy.. spicy, tangy and absolute yum..
- For the koftas: Spinach leaves - 2 cups
- Paneer - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/8 th tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies chopped - 1
- Besan - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 th tsp
- For the gravy : Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Green chillies chopped - 2
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Roasted kasuri methi - 1 tsp
- To make the koftas, chop the spinach leaves and blanch them in hot water. Drain them and wash them in cold water. Drain and keep aside.
- Now heat a pan with little oil, add the cumin seeds and then the chopped chillies.
- Mix and saute till the besan is cooked and leaves the sides of the pan.Then add the spinach leaves and cook till done. Keep aside.
- Now add the turmeric powder.Stir and add the besan followed by salt.
- Now crumble the Paneer and cardamom powder, salt. Mix and make 8 equal sized balls out of it.
- Now make 8 balls out of the spinach mix and stuff each one with the Paneer balls and reshape them.
- Dust them in cornflour and deep fry them. Keep aside.Now to make the gravy, heat a heavy bottomed kadhai with butter.
- Add the tomato puree, salt and all the powdered masalas. (While making the puree, blend the blanched tomatoes with the ginger and green chillies).
- Cook till the masala is done and leaves the sides.Now add some water and salt to make the gravy.
- Once it comes up to boil and then add the roasted kasuri methi. Now cut the koftas into halves and place them into the gravy to serve.