A quick and delicious Sabudana khichdi or tapioca pearl salad cooked with potatoes, peanuts, and basic spices creates the most comforting meal out there. A most popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe where soaked sago pearls or tapioca is sauteed with bite-size potatoes, peanuts, and mild spices.
- 1 &1/2 cups sago
- 2 potatoes cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts crushed
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp oil
- Peel potato and dice it into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add potatoes saute for a minute. Now add peanuts and saute till peanuts are toasty and potatoes are slightly golden brown. Move them to the side of the pan, add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- As cumin seeds start to crackle mix everything together and stir in the spices.
- Stir in soaked sabudana and mix until blended.
- Sabudana khichdi is ready. Serve this hot with cup of tea
peanuts can be dry toasted too.