Mango Custard is a very delicious dessert made by thickening milk with custard powder and sugar. The flavor of the mango custard is enhanced by mixing fresh mango puree and is served chilled along with fresh mango cubes and nuts.
2 litre Full Cream Milk
8 tbsp custard powder vanilla flavor
10 tbsp raw sugar or white sugar. You can add more or less sugar as per your taste
5 mango pulp
3 mango cubes
1/2 cup sliced almonds and pistachio optional
Put milk to boil in a thick bottom pan. (keep aside a cup of milk for combining custard powder ).
In another bowl stir and dissolve the custard powder in milk that is kept aside.
When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat and pour the prepared custard powder mix. Stir the milk continuously to prevent custard mixture from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
After 3-4 mins the milk will start to get thick. Stir continuously. Add sugar to the thickened milk and mix well.
Let the custard cook on medium heat for 5 more minutes. Keep on stirring continuously to prevent from sticking at the bottom. The custard is ready. Keep it aside to come at room temperature & keep stirring the custard in between.
Once the custard is cooled to room temperature blend it with a hand blender so that it becomes smooth and even. Pass through the strainer if required. Remove in a big bowl.
The custard is ready. Let it cool it for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
Puree the mangoes. If it has threads then strain the puree through the strainer to get a smooth mango puree. Cut the rest of the mango into cubes.
After 4 hours when the custard is cold, add the mango puree to it and blend it well with a hand blender.
Mix it well. Mango custard is ready to get chill and serve. You can fill them in an individual serving bowl and chill till serving.
While serving fill the bowl with the chilled mango custard. Put the mango cubes and sliced almonds and pistachio or any nut of your choice. Serve it chill.
- I have used vanilla flavor custard powder, you can use mango flavor custard powder to enhance the flavor.
- I have used whole milk you can also use low fat millk.
- Always dissolve the custard powder in milk before adding to the boiled milk.
- Gradually add dissolved custard powder milk mixture to the boiling milk at medium heat and stir continuously to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Let the custard set at room temperature before adding mango puree to it. Stir while it is cooling at room temperature to avoid the formation of cream layer on top. If you want you can blend and sieve the custard once cool to make it smooth.
- The mango used should be sweet and fleshy. If it has threads, strain the pureed mango pulp.
- You can use fresh or frozen mango pulp and cubes.
- Always chill the custard before serving.
- you can add other cut fruits such as grapes, pomegranate, apple.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.8 based on 4 votes
Be the first to rate this post.