Instant Bread And Oats Kuzhipaniyaram
An interesting and quick evening tiffin to have with coffee or tea. No need for any fermentation. A simple yet tasty light tiffin....
- 5 Bread slices wheat bread preferably
- 2 cup Oats
- 1 cup Sooji Semolina
- 2 cup Fresh curd
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Powder the bread to crumbs and keep aside. Heat a pan and dry roast oats for 2 minutes. Add sooji to it and stir for 30 seconds.
- Give one or two turns in the mixie. Now add all the powdered stuff together with required salt. Pour two cups of curd and required water to it. Mix well and see to it that the batter is in the thick pouring consistency.
- Now heat the non stick appe pan (Kuzhipaniyaram pan) and grease it with oil. Fill the craters with batter. It should be only half filled since the batter rises to full after cooking. Drizzle half tea spoon oil around.
- Keep the flame to medium and close the pan with a lid. After 3 minutes flip them to next side and allow to cook.
- When the stuff becomes golden brown on both sides, take them out. Serve hot with mint or coriander chutney.
Calories: 479 kcal | Carbohydrates: 64 g | Protein: 15 g | Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 13 mg | Sodium: 180 mg | Potassium: 371 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 6 g | Vitamin A: 98 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 176 mg | Iron: 4 mg