Gajar Mirchi Instant Achaar /Carrot And Green Chilly Instant Pickle
An instant pickle to relish with dal rice or paratha and rotis. And it can be stored in refrigerator for atleast 2-3 weeks. Gajar Mirchi Instant Achaar is one dish which makes its accompaniments tastier with the right mix of flavours. It a simple and easy recipe which can be prepared in 15 mins time. It is perfect accompaniment for your dal rice, rotis etc.
- 3 Carrot medium
- 10 Green Chilies big ones
- 2 Ginger 1 inch size
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ½ tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Asafetida
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Wash the green chillies and pat dry with kitchen towel. Slit and cut into 2 inches sizes. Keep aside.
- Wash the carrots without peeping the skin and pat dry. Now peel of the skin and cut into julienne. Keep side.
- Peel off the skin of ginger and cut into julienne. Keep aside,
- Dry roast the mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Fennel seeds, cumin and ajwain and grind them into powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the asafetida and saute it for few seconds. Add the carrot, green chillies, ginger and sauté for 3-5 mins in low-medium heat.
- Add salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, grounded masala and mix it well till everything is incorporated nicely for few mins and take off the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Let it cool down completely and store it in an air tight sterilized jar or container.
- Handle with a clean spoon on ever serving and refrigerate it after every serving.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 131 kcal | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Protein: 1 g | Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0.03 g | Sodium: 334 mg | Potassium: 178 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 6240 IU | Vitamin C: 16 mg | Calcium: 27 mg | Iron: 1 mg