Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Corn-flour or wholewheat tortillas - 2
- For Filling -
- Olive oil -1/2 tablespoon
- Grated cheese -1/2 cup Monterey Jack)
- Skinless chicken breasts -150 gms
- Onion - 1 medium sized thin slices
- Garlic Cloves - 4-5
- Green bell pepper - 1 medium sized de-seed and sliced into strips
- Red bell pepper - 1 medium sized de-seed and sliced into strips
- Yellow bell pepper - 1 medium sized de-seed and sliced into strips
- Boiled sweet corn - 2 tablespoon
- Black Olives -2 tablespoon sliced
- Butter for frying - 1/2 teaspoons
- For Seasoning
- Garlic powder -1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Taco or Cajun seasoning mix - 1/2 tablespoon
- Dipping sauce of choice -eg Mexican salsa sauce
- To Serve
- Boil the Chicken breast - Pre-Boil the chicken breast, shred them and keep it aside.
- How to make filling for chicken quesadilla : Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, once the oil is slightly warm, add in crushed garlic cloves and saute for a minute.
- Throw in the onions and saute it for another minute.
- Next, goes the all the three types of bell pepper - Yellow, Red and Green and cook till peppers gives off some water and get brownish in color.
- Add in pre-boiled corn and shredded chicken breast, toss it for minute.
- Add Seasoning - sprinkle salt, black pepper powder, Garlic powder and taco/ Cajun seasoning mix
- Switch off the flame and set aside. The filling for Mexico quesadillas is ready.
- To assemble the tortillas for Quesadilla - Melt 1/2 teaspoon of butter on the griddle, and spread it over the griddle so that it coats it well, and place the wholewheat tortillas on it.
- Add 1/2 cup grated cheese on just the half side of the tortilla and top it up with the prepared filling. Layer with black olives
- Fold the tortilla as shown in the picture below into a half moon shape and brush with butter.
- Turn over to the other side and brush with butter again and press gently so that the cheese melts and helps to bind all the other ingredients together.
- Cook each side for a minute after applying butter on each side and then remove onto a chopping board.
- Once slightly cool cut into wedges and arrange in a serving dish. Serve alongside some fresh lettuce and your favourite dipping sauce.
- Do not overfill the tortillas, as the filling will spill out and create a mess.
- Be careful while cutting the ready Quesadilla into wedges, wait for 5 mins before cutting, a hot Quesadilla like a hot cake will fall apart in minutes.
- Cut gently, preferably with a serrated knife.
- If you are wondering what to serve with chicken quesadillas – Check out Pico de Gallo (Mexican Salsa) which goes perfectly well with chicken or cheese quesadillas.
In collaboration with
Seasame Chikki /Tilgud Chikki
A festive delight. Seasame seeds roasted slightly and combined with melted organic jaggery powder gives…
Kaju Curry – White Gravy
Kaju Curry is served as the main dish of North Indian Cuisine. It is made…
Cold Coffee Like CCD (Café Coffee Day)
Simple, easy and refreshing Cold Coffee Recipe! Cold Coffee has always been my favorite drink…
Kalonji is name for stuffed vegetables in the state of Uttar Pradesh specially west part…
Grilled Paneer Salad
Now is the time to shed extra kilos that we added during festival times. For…
Eggless Chocolate Brownie Recipe | बिना अंडा, मैदा, चीनी की चॉकलेट ब्राउनी
Healthy Eggless Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Gluten Free Diet – Is It Really For Everyone?
Gluten Free Diet have been one of the most sought after food variety in the recent times. So what are…
10 Ways to Promote Your Brand Online And Offline
Every entrepreneur dreams of growing his business by reaching more and more people to build up a large customer base.…
Why Sip on Sustainability: 5 Top Benefits of Glass soda bottles over Plastic soda bottles
Reusable cups and soda bottles have been on the rise for several years now. Glass soda bottles have been used…
Cooking Tips To Remain Healthy
Cooking tips to remain healthy If you are not following balanced eating habits and looking for ways to eat healthier,…
What are Superfoods? Top 10 superfoods that are Nutritious and Boosts your Health
Superfoods have gained a lot of popularity in recent years for their numerous health benefits. But what are superfoods, and…
5 Benefits of using Castor Oil
Benefits of using Castor Oil? Castor oil has been used for centuries for its numerous health and beauty benefits. It…