Broccoli, Oats & Almonds Porridge
A very healthy breakfast to start the day with. The creamy, greenish and nutty porridge will make your family members a fan of this porridge/soup. An easy to make and nutritious recipe with simple stepsÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.
- Broccoli florets from 1 big size broccoli
- Oats 3 tb spoons
- Sliced onions from 1 onion
- Garlic pearls 2 optional
- cloves and Cinnamon crushed coarsely Ã‚Â¼ tea spoon
- Almonds soaked in warm water for 30 mins and de skinned 6 to 8
- Corn flour 2 tea spoons
- Pepper powder and Salt to taste
- Butter 2 tea spoons
- Skimmed milk Low fat milk 2 cups
- Take a pressure pan and heat it with butter. Fry the onions for few seconds and add the cinnamon and clove powder. Then add the garlics and oats. Keep the flame to medium and keep frying till nice aroma comes.
- Now add the broccoli florets and almonds and stir well. Add required salt, pepper powder and 1 tea spoon of sugar. Pour 3 cups of water in to it._x000D_ Cover the pan with its lid. Let it to cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Wait for the steam to get released fully.
- After the stuff gets cooled down run it in a blender for few seconds. Add some water and transfer the stuf to a vessel and boil it. When the stuff is getting boiled add 2 tea spoons of corn flour to the milk and mix well. Pour it to the boiling stuff. When the porridge thickens switch off the stove.