Beetroot Halwa Laddus
- Beetroot 1 kg
- Condensed Milk 1 tin
- Almonds 12
- Cashewnuts 12
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Milk 2 cups
- Milk powder 2 tbsp
- Mawa 1/2 cup
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup optional
- Wash and peel the skin of the beetroots. Using a food processor or a manual one, shred the beetroots finely.
- In a big non stick cooking pot, add the shredded beetroot and the milk. On a low flame, allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, increase the flame to medium high. Alternatively it can be pressure cooked too.
- After about 25 minutes in total, the beetroot becomes almost tender.
- This is the time for adding the rest of the ingredients one by one except the mawa.
- Increase the flame to high and saute the halwa until it is glossy. The nuts can be sliced thinly before adding.
- Keep stirring the halwa and monitor the flame also so that it does not get burnt. After the ghee starts oozing and the halwa thickens, switch off the flame.
- Now add the mawa and give it a good mix. If fresh cream is used, then add it along with all the other ingredients.
- Allow it to cool down a bit, then refrigerate it for about 30 minutes before starting to shape this into laddus.
- After making laddus, serve it immediately or chill it before doing so as per your liking.