Today I am sharing a very tasty and yummy gluten free rice flour recipe that can be served as brunch, breakfast or evening snack. You can also make it for tiffin. This is very tasty recipe.... ðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘Œ This recipe is from south India and is called as "Ammini kozhukattai".
- 1 cup rice flour
- Â½ tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp refined oil
- Â¼ tsp asafoetida powder
- Â½ tsp cumin seeds
- Â½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 lemon juice
- Â¼ cup fresh coconut grated
- 2 dry red chillies
- 8 - 10 strigs curry leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Add 1½ cup water in a pan and add ½ tbsp Salt.
- Keep flame between medium and high mode, wait till it starts boiling.
- Once it starts boiling then put it back to slow mode.
- Add 1tbsp fresh grated coconut and mix it .
- Add rice flour and start stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps formation.
- So rice flour has left the pan and binded together switch off the flame and cover it with lid and keep it as it is for 8 - 10 minutes.
- So after 10 minutes transfer it in a plate.
- The dough is a bit warm, lets knead it.
- Apply little refined oil on palm and knead it.
- If you feel dough is sticky then add 1 tbsp oil and knead.
- So the dough is ready.
- Now take a small portion and roll it on your palm.
- Now balls are ready. Greased the plate with oil and placed the rice balls on it.
- Boiled the water in a steamer. Place the rice balls plate in steamer.
- Close it with lid and steam it for 15 minutes.
- So after 15 minutes lets check. Switch off the flame and remove the plate and let it cool.
- Let's do tempering. Add 3tbsp oil in a pan. Once oil is heated add ¼ tsp asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and dry red chillies.
- Add few curry leaves. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add 1½ tbsp grated fresh coconut mix it all together.
- Add all rice steamed balls and mix it lightly with soft hands and cook it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes switch off the flame. Add juice from 1 lemon, add little grated fresh coconut and mix fresh coriander leaves.
- Mix it all together. Our Ammini kozhukattai is ready.