Amaranth Carrot Cake
This is a healthy carrot cake using amaranth flour and whole wheat flour
- 300 gm Coconut jaggery
- 6 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg freshly ground
- 1 cup olive oil
- 120 gm amaranth flour
- 225 gm whole wheat flour
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Whip eggs, sugar, spices and salt on high speed until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer still running, drizzle in olive oil.
- Sift flours, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add flours to egg-oil mixture and blend on low speed just until the flours are mixed in.
- Add the grated carrots and carrot tops and mix just until blended.
- Portion into prepared bans and bake at 350F till a toothpick comes out clean, for about 25min.
Grind amaranth seeds to make flour. Also See:
Calories: 483 kcal | Carbohydrates: 86 g | Protein: 14 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0.02 g | Cholesterol: 164 mg | Sodium: 503 mg | Potassium: 276 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 44 g | Vitamin A: 3894 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 139 mg | Iron: 4 mg