Wheat Paneer Kulcha
Paneer Kulcha (Cottage Cheese stuffed Indian flatbread )is an awesome & tasty variety of Kulcha. I made with Whole Wheat Flour. No YEAST is used. Here Kulcha stuffed with spiced grated paneer, can be prepared at home so easily.. It is generally served with Chole or any rich gravy vegetable. Traditionally Kulcha prepare out of Maida / all purpose flour. Here I am presenting an easy and healthy version of Paneer Kulcha which is MADE ON TAVA.
- 1.5 cup Fresh Paneer grated
- 4 tsp Coriander finely chopped
- 2/3 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander chopped, optional
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped, optional
- Sieve Whole Wheat Flour on a broad plate or bowl. Then add curd, baking powder, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Ghee and mix. Now add warm Milk and mix nicely. Add warm water only if needed to knead a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth for 2hrs.
- After 2 hrs, knead it again with hands for at least 2 mins. again cover with moist cloth till we make stuffing.
- Take Grated paneer, coriander, chat masala, pepper powder and salt. Mix Well. I didn't use green chilies as I am suppose to serve this to my little one. If you add Green chili , change the quantity of Pepper Powder accordingly.
- Take one dough ball and roll it like small puri, place 1.5 tsp paneer stuffing on it . cover all sides and make a stuffed ball. One can use some dry flour if needed to avoid sticking .
- Now dust rolling board a bit and roll a little. Spread both sesame seeds on it and roll it again. One can also use chopped coriander , Garlic and roll bit.
- Place on hot tava. Make sure tava is hot enough. Cook on one side till brown spots can be seen. Flip it and cook again for 30-40 seconds. Now again flip and give little pressure with spatula. it will fluff. Take it away from heat and apply Butter
- We are using salt in dough as well as stuffing so be careful about the quantity.
- One can use Maida flour fully or take both flour (Wheat and Maida) half half portion.
- If you have Grill Oven, one can make more delicious Paneer Kulcha. Preheat Grill oven at 200C . Place raw kulcha in a baking dish and place inside the oven.
- Let it cook till upper side starts getting brown spots (approximately 3-4 mins) . Now flip it upside down and cook again for 3 mins or till it gets brown spots.
- Amritsari Alloo Kulcha Without Yeast
- Amritsari Kulcha Recipe: Stuffed Kulcha With Wheat Flour
- Amritsari Kulcha
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 996 kcal | Carbohydrates: 140 g | Protein: 40 g | Fat: 30 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13 g | Trans Fat: 0.1 g | Cholesterol: 27 mg | Sodium: 653 mg | Potassium: 437 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 375 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 398 mg | Iron: 10 mg