Amritsari Kulcha Recipe: Stuffed Kulcha With Wheat Flour
Amritsari Kulcha is a famous north Indian flat bread. However, the popularity of Amritsari stuffed kulcha is not limited to northern India. Recipe of Amritsari kulcha breaks the regional boundaries and is popular in every part of the world. Flat breads are famous in almost every region of the world. Italian Focaccia Bread, Middle Eastern Pita Bread, Turkish Pide from Turkey and the list of flat breads are never ending. Indians love the Punjabi kulcha recipe. The spicy version of stuffed kulcha recipe, adopted its name from the region Amritsar.
- 250 gm Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 gm All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 ml Milk
- 100 ml Water
- 1 cup Potatoes boiled mashed
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- 1 tbsp Butter
- In a bowl, take lukewarm milk. Dissolve honey and yeast well. Keep it aside until yeast froths.
- For stuffing, mix mashed potatoes, chopped onion, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp red chili powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, take wheat flour, all-purpose flour , one tablespoon oil and salt. Add yeast solution to it. Start kneading the dough.
- Keep the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap. Let it rest until dough doubles in volume. Once dough doubles in volume, take it out on floured surface. Punch the dough and divide it into 6 equal parts.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll each dough ball into a circular disc. Place the prepared stuffing in the centre and seal all the edges well. Roll the prepared stuffed dough ball into a circular disc.
- Place these stuffed kulchas on a baking tray. Brush them with milk, Sprinkle chopped coriander and keep aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Bake prepared kulchas in preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for 20 minutes. Once baked, apply butter on kulchas and serve hot.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 245 kcal | Carbohydrates: 46 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0.1 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 456 mg | Potassium: 374 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 101 IU | Vitamin C: 8 mg | Calcium: 47 mg | Iron: 2 mg