Pumpkin & Oats Soup
Pumpkin - oats soup is a silky textured nutritious soup prepared using veggies and oats. This creamy and delicious soup can be served as breakfast along with a wheat bread toast or croutons. Veggies and oats are pressure cooked and blended into smooth puree is further cooked along with salt and pepper to get a silky and tasty soup. If you are bored of having oats in a porridge form or oats haters, include it in such a soup and enjoy diet friendly meal.
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin grated
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin powder / Jeera powder
- 2 Tbsp Masoor dal
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper powder Adjust according to taste bud
- Add grated pumpkin in a pressure cooker along with chopped carrot, tomatoes, oats, masoor dal, bay leaf and cumin powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook it for 5 - 6 whistles.
- Once done, switch off the flame and cool it.
- Once the pressure gets released, open the lid, remove the bay leaf and blend the pumpkin mixture into smooth puree.
- Add half cup of water to a pumpkin puree and boil it again for 5 minutes by adding the required amount of salt and pepper powder.
- Transfer it to a soup bowl and serve hot with wheat bread toast or croutons.
- I usually don’t strain the soup unless it is necessary, so straining can also be done in this soup to avoid the tomato skins.