Hara Bhara Kabab
- 1/4 cup chana dal split bengal gram
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger adrak
- 2 tsp finely garlic lehsun
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 cup blanched spinach palak
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- 1/2 cup grated paneer cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plain flour maida dissolved with 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- oil for deep-frying
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour and drain. In a pressure cooker add the chana dal, garlic, ginger, green chilies and ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain.
- Add the chana dal, green peas, spinach and blend in a blender till smooth using ½ tbsp water if needed. Transfer into a bowl and add the paneer, salt, garam masala, chaat masala and ¼ cup bread crumbs, mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2Ã¢â¬Â) flat kebabs. Dip each kebab into the prepared flour- water paste and roll in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry them till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.