I am sorry friends for one more low calorie recipe here, but I have made it a point to keep a count on my calorie intake… I am putting on a lot of weight because of my sitting job that leaves me with no time to Work out… Or I say no Time at all… Ha ha … But I Promise… Next recipe will not be a low calorie food… So let me tell you what all is required to make Upma which gets ready in just 20 minutes… For people who stay alone and hates to stand in kitchen for long <<just like my friend Adi.. 😉 >>>
- 1 cup Rava/Sooji (Semolina)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Channa Daal (Soaked in water for 10-12 mins)
- 2 Chopped Onions
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Chili powder to taste (If you want it)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1-3/4 cups of water
How I made it:
- Dry roast the rava/sooji until it turns light brown (for 5-7 mins). Transfer to a tray and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add soaked channa daal and curry leaves and then chopped onions and cook them for 5 mins.
- Now add salt and sooji and mix well.
- Then add water and stir well so as to prevent it from forming lumps.
- Now what are you waiting for, Serve and enjoy eating it…
This is what I enjoy once or twice a week and I learned it from my mom… So thanks Mom…