Make Ahead Overnight Oats Parfait. Dessert for breakfast? Does the sound of this dish salivate you? Well then that's exactly what the dish is supposed to do to you. And what better way to start your day with goodness of oats, cocoa, nuts, coconut, yoghurt and fruits. Spend as little as 15 minutes to 30 minutes to get this dish up and you are all set for an awesome treat first thing in the morning.
Confused if this would aid you on your weight loss journey? Weight loss does not mean one should alienate themselves from tasty soulful food. Goodness of this parfait lies in the fact that there is no added sugar. Go ahead and try this wonderful dish with oats.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Quick cooking oats 2 cups
- Water 2.5 cups
- Dark Cocoa Powder 3 tbsp
- Yoghurt 2 cups
- Mixed fruits(Apple, Banana, Pomegranate) chopped 2 cups
- Chocolate shavings 5 tsps
- Shredded coconut 1/2 cup
- Mason Jars or any available container 2
Post Salad Recipes from 20th Mar to 26th Mar 2017 and win Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/- if from India or $5 if outside India.
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- Cook the oats with water till it attains a porridge consistency.
- When oats is almost done add the dark cocoa powder and combine well. Switch of the flame and let cool.
- Meanwhile chop the fruits of your choice and get them ready. I have used apples, pomegranate and bananas. That is we are all ready to assemble the dish.
- Take out two clean mason jars and begin to assemble the layers. There is no particular rule on how to go about arranging the layers. Do as you wish, but the following is the way I layered it up.
- Spoon in the chocolate oats as the first layer, add the yoghurt next, spoon in some shredded coconut and finally finish it with fruits. Continue the layers till the rim of the bottle. Repeat for the other jar.
- Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Before serving add up a layer or chocolate shavings and fruits. Tada you are all set for a yummy tummy after a hard workout.