Vegan Matcha Almond Protein Bites
Protein is an essential requirement for each one of us. Vegans do have their challenges when it comes to finding the right kind of protein. And more so when they are trying to build muscle. These home made energy bites are loaded with proteins and food fats making it much better than the store bought versions.
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup soy protein powder
- 1 tbsp powdered jaggery / maple syrup / agave nectar
- A few drops of Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Matcha Green Tea powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- A few spoons of almond milk if needed
- Heat the oven to 120 degree Celsius. Place almonds on a baking tray and place it inside. Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove and let it cool down for an hour or two.
- Take the almonds in a mixer jar and give it a buzz. Start at a low speed and then gradually increase. Keep opening the lid and pushing down the almond pieces.
- In about 10-12 minutes, the almonds will turn into a smooth nut butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except chia seeds) to the mixer jar. Buzz till everything comes together into a dough like mass.
- Take a baking tin and place a baking sheet over it. Add the mixture and spread it using your palms.
- Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours so that it turns into a solid mass.
- Cut into square sized pieces.
- Place in an airtight box and store in the fridge.
The almond milk is optional because the agave nectar or maple syrup is usually enough to bind the ingredients. But in case it turns out dry and powdery, a few spoons of any vegan milk substitute can be used.
No comments yet
Yum, I found a desi protein powder with nuts, seeds and millets 😀
Excellent, How do i make soy protein powder