Jeera Aloo is an easy side dish recipe that can be had as side dish for lunch and dinner and even has with pooris and dosas for breakfast. Jeera Aloo is potato fry with jeera /cumjn seeds as the main spice ingredients. It a soulful comfort dish and soul satisfying dish. It is simple and quick to prepare with few basic ingredients and spices available in your kitchen.
- 3 potato
- 1 large Onion sliced
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 green/red chilly slit
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Few Coriander leaves chopped
- Peel the potatoes and chopped into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and letbit splutter.
- Add chopped onion,chillies and saute till it turns soft. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add the Masala powders and saute for a min.
- Add the potatoes, season with salt and fry on high heat stirring frequently for 5-7 mins.
- Cover the pan with lid and fry the potatoes in low heat for 10-15 mins or till the potatoes are cooked completely stirring it occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, give a quick stir and take off the heat.