Eggless Banana Cake
Baking Banana Cake is therapeutic as this recipe is healthy, quick and easy. Use of whole wheat makes it healthier as you will completely avoid All-purpose flour. If you get stuck after seeing the over ripened Bananas and never want to waste food by throwing it. This Recipe is the rescue and best use of leftover bananas. Give a crunch by adding walnuts or some seeds like sunflower seeds or melon seeds which are super foods and should be included in your diet. This is a Kids- friendly tiffin recipe which you can send in your child's lunchbox without any guilt.
- Over-Ripened medium sized Bananas - 4
- Whole Wheat Flour/ Atta - 1.5 Cups 1 Cup = 250 ml
- Jaggery 1/2 Cup Regular White Sugar or Brown Sugar can also be used
- Cooking Oil - 2/3 Cup Rice Bran oil or sunflower Oil as it has neutral taste
- Chopped Walnut Kernels - 1/4 Cup Optional - Sunflower Seeds
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt Regular salt can be used
- Set Over to Preheat for 180 degree C meanwhile Peel and mash the over -ripened bananas so that it forms a nice smooth paste with help of a fork or blender or Potato Masher.
- Add Jaggary ( Sieve it to avoid lumps), Pour oil and drop the vanilla extract. Stir it with the spoon or egg beater.Let it become a smooth paste and all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Keep these wet ingredients aside and now its time to work on dry ingredients.Sieve Wheat flour to avoid lumps if any, Put the pinch of salt, Baking powder and baking soda and give it a stir once or twice.
- Put in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl and start folding it in the circular motion gently. Do not over do it by doing it fast.
- Add chopped walnuts or the seeds of your choice or any other dry fruits. Walnuts are classic and traditional add-on for this recipe so go for it.
- Grease the 9-inch regular baking pan with some oil and pour in the batter. Tap it few times.
- Let it bake for 25 minutes and then check it by pricking it with the tooth-pick. let it stand in the oven for few more minutes.
- Take out the Cake and serve it during Tea -time.
This Recipe has been shared by Kirti Yadav, Co-founder of Plattershare, who is also a die-hard foodie and Home Chef.
Kirti Yadav Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
Samosa With Masala Tea
A samosa is a fried or baked dish with a Savoury filling, such as spiced…
Spiced green pea stuffed flatbread that is as delicious as it is healthy. Serve with…
Crispy Ladies Finger / Kurkuri Bhindi
Crispy Ladies Finger or kurkuri bhindi is a very tasty and delicious snacks and it…
Karachi Biscuit (eggless)
Bejewelled, aromatic and delicious festive cookies is how I can best describe these Indian bakery-style,…
Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
See how to make Eggless Carrot Cake, eggless cake recipe so soft, so moist that…
Instant Mango Kharvas
Kharvas is a traditional steamed milk sweet dish which is made out of Cow's colostrum…
29 States And 29 Lip Smacking Street Foods Of India
India is famous throughout the world for its street food and it’s a proven paradise when it comes to eating…
9 Cool Corporate Giveaways – Corporate Gift Ideas
What are some cool Corporate Gift Ideas? Here comes the festive season and if you own a company, thinking about…
7 Secret Cabbage Benefits for Health, Cabbage Vitamins & How To Grow Cabbage
Do you know Cabbage Benefits for Health, Cabbage Vitamins & How To Grow Cabbage? No? Then, just read on… Brassica…
Best fruits and vegetables to eat during winters!
Every New Year brings lot of new things, promises, be it a trend, fashion, culture, lifestyle or food. Each one…
Delicious Food Photography: Tips for Food Bloggers
Lately, photographing food has become a cult. Whereas food used to be salted or peppered before it was eaten, now…
5 Easy DIY Recipes To Teach Your Child To Cook
Discover easy cooking recipes for kids to make, get recipes for kids to cook now! Find a list of parent-child…