Kaju katli or kaju barfi is a well known sweet in all over India, but it is extremely popular in north India. Kaju katli is a most demanding sweet during festivals like Diwali, Rakshabadhan. This delicious dessert recipe not only has awesome taste, but even easy to make also. To prepare this sweet you need only three ingredients kaju, sugar and water. In traditional way Kaju katli is garnished with silver vark, but this is not a compulsory ingredient, especially when you are preparing it at home. So make your Rakshabadhan more special with these delicious Kaju Katli.
- 300 gm Kaju
- 1/2 cup + 2 table spoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tea spoon clarified butter for greasing the plate.
- Silver vark varak optional
- To prepare kaju katli first of all you need to grind cashew like powder.
- Now sieve this powder and set aside.
- Take a non stick pan and add sugar and water in it.
- Boil this mixture until sugar get dissolved in it.
- Now add powdered cashew in it.
- Cook it 5 to 6 minutes on low flame and stir continuously.
- Meanwhile grease a plate.
- When cashew mixture start to leave the pan, transfer it in to the greased plate and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Now take a butter paper and grease it.
- Now place the kaju dough over the butter paper and fold the paper like, butter paper should be on top and bottom.
- Now roll it to 1/4 inch thickness, remove the butter paper on top.
- At this time apply the silver vark on that.
- Set aside for about 30 minutes. Now cut into your desire shapes.
- Now delicious kaju katlis are ready to serve. Enjoy!!
- Silver vark is an optional ingredient you can add or remove it as per your choice.
No comments yet
Kaju kalti…someone has just kept the name correct. It can actually kill you because you can’t just leave the plate till you finish everything. My favorite.