Vegan Buddha Bowl ( And My Korean Inspiration)
Tough to find someone who can forgive a serving of delicious fried rice. No wonder it has spawned so many variations. And so when I had this bottle of perfectly ripened Kimchi sitting in the fridge for the last two months, I just had to try this Kimchi fried rice. Super quick to make when you a day old rice in the fridge. Crisp up some tofu and add twice the quantity of vegetables to turn it into a balanced Buddha bowl. Nirvana guaranteed!!
- For the Kimchi Fried Rice - 2 cups cooked rice refrigerated
- 1 cup vegan Kimchi
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 2-3 scallions
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Korean chili flakes add to taste
- Others - 100 grams tofu cut into thin triangles
- 1 cup mixed Peppers
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 pink radish
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2-3 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add the kimchi and fry for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar , chili flakes and saute for another minute.
- Toss in the rice and stir it in a high flame for 5-6 mins till it becomes brown in places. Sprinkle chopped scallions on top.
- Heat a skillet. Pour in a little oil and add the tofu slices in a spread out manner. It will take 5-6 mins for the tofu to crisp up on both sides.
- Take a large bowl, fill it 2/3rd with the raw vegetables. Sprinkle a little salt on top and squeeze in some lime juice.
- Put in half of the fried rice and put half of the crisp tofu over it. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds. Serve.
No comments yet