Tomato Garlic Chutney
All you need for this chutney is Tomatoes, Dry red chillies and Garlic pods, and the interesting part is, no need to saute all these ingredients. It requires only boiling and grinding part for this recipe. I usually call this recipe as zero oil chutney, as it doesn't include sauteing and seasoning. This chutney goes perfect with Idly, Dosa and Momos.
- 3 Tomatoes
- 7-8 Dry red chillies Adjust according to taste bud
- 5 Garlic pods peeled
- Slit the tomatoes on top using knife.
- Take Tomatoes and dry red chillies in a bowl and add water, till it gets covered.
- Boil it for 5 minutes, switch off the flame and cool it.
- Peel the skin of Tomatoes , remove the red chillies and reserve the water for grinding.
- Grind Tomatoes, chillies and raw garlic to a smooth paste by adding salt and the reserved water.
- Serve with Idli or Dosa.