Jack Fruit Shami / Kathal Ke Kebab
- Jackfruit 1/2 kg
- gm flour 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste+1 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp or to taste
- Chopped green chili 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander 1 tbsp
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Deshi ghee 1 tbsp
- Clove powder 1/4
- cinnemon powder 1/4
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Black cardamom
- Finely chopped onion 2 tbsp
- Chopped ginger 1 tbsp
- Olive or any vegitable oil for frying+ 2 tbsp
- Peel the skin of jack fruit then cut into dices, Boil with bay leaf, black cardamom and 1 tsp salt for 10 minutes.
- Drain the excess water of jack fruit and then make a fine paste in blender .
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, pop the cumin, saute the ginger,onion and green chili for 2 minute, add red chili powder,clove powder,cinnamon powder,salt,garam masala, dry mango powder and jack fruit, combine the mixture .
- Now add gram flour in the mixture mix well and cook it to 2 minute more and switch off the flame . Cool the mixture add lemon juice, Desi ghee and coriander leaves, make the kebabs, heat a non stick pan, shallow fry the kebabs.
- Serve hot with green chutney .