Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
Hot chocolate, Hot cocoa or drinking chocolate is America's one of the most favorite chocolate desserts or hot beverage. Considered as one of the comfort foods for chill American holiday season, this chocolate dessert is instantly made with a store-bought chocolate mix. But nothing beats the homemade hot chocolate.Do you know hot chocolate with the hint of cinnamon is also one of the popular national drinks of Mexico? Traditionally served with churros and pastries, hot chocolate is one of those tasty and delicious foods which has health benefits too.Due to the presence of Cocoa powder which contains antioxidant, researchers say that it can prevent cancer and helps in digestion and hot chocolate was given to treat various ailments in ancient times. Whatever it may be definitely drinking this hot dessert is a mood booster. So here is the simple homemade hot chocolate recipe.
- 2 cups Milk Full Cream Milk (500 ml)
For Chocolate mix
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Milk Chocolate compound or couverture (cooking chocolate) - 50 grams
- 1 to 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon powder optional
- 8 to 10 Marshmallows optional
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 20 secs, stir and melt for another 10 seconds. Keep aside. Alternatively finely chop the chocolate and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat the milk, once it boils, simmer on low heat.
- Now stir in the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the melted or chopped chocolate and till it combines well.
- Check for the sweetness and add Sugar as per taste.
- Once all the ingredients are well combined, divide the cocoa drink into two cups. (It is recommended to strain the Cocoa drink through a strainer, as avoid the granules of cocoa powder remain at the bottom of the pan).
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon powder in each cup . This step is completely optional as it resembles more like Mexican Hot chocolate.
- Top with 4 or 5 marshmallows per cup.
- Serve homemade hot chocolate drink with fresh churros or pastry on a cold winters day.
- You can change the flavor as per your choice, e.g. cinnamon powder can be substituted for 2 drops of vanilla or peppermint extract, a hint of your favorite liqueur or a pinch of all-spice powder.
- Marshmallows can be substituted for a generous dollop of whipped cream, or a big scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice-cream.
- Milk can be replaced with any nut milk like almond milk, cashew or coconut milk, soy milk . to make it Vegan Hot chocolate.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 143 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 2 g | Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 37 mg | Potassium: 117 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 24 g | Vitamin A: 24 IU | Vitamin C: 0.2 mg | Calcium: 35 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Home Chef Parinaaz Marolia Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet
Picture is beautiful
Such a gorgeous shot & post !!