SECRETS OF HEALTHY SUMMER WITH SUPER FOODS – WITH LOVE FROM INDIA !!
Ever wondered how to keep India intact in your food habits and yet be fit and fab this summer? Your unsettled quest will rest in peace just here!
Serving you 8 super foods that you don’t need to hunt down for giving your body a cool healthy hug this summer! Read on to find out your own magic wand to super health this summer.
- Bananas – Yes! You heard it right! When the summer sun is ready to suck out even the residual energy from your body then your very own, simple, easily available Bananas come to your rescue! Loaded with natural sugars: fructose, glucose and sucrose this super food provides you instant and super energy for a longer period!
- Coconut Water – It is abundantly available across the country specially in the cities with comparatively scorching summers! It is an excellent source of fibers, vitamin C and other important minerals to keep you hydrated throughout. It also known to have antioxidants, reducing blood pressure and cholesterol lowering properties! So, summers can’t torture you with high blood pressures and dehydration anymore!
- Curd/Yoghurts – The summers are around, and the temperatures are boiling up already in turn soaring up your worries to withstand the heat! Here comes a miracle food to shun your worries away! The probiotic super food curd is perhaps a daily item in the Indian cuisine. It helps in boosting gut health, immunity, lowering blood pressure, osteoporosis and healthy ageing. It is also the right choice for weight loss and weight gain. An intake of a cup of curd can be the best way to recover faster from the workouts! “A cup of curd a day keeps summers away”!!
- Lotus Seeds – Another super food which has numerous health benefits and has its roots in India. It is known as “Makhana “in Indian Market. Nights in summer are quite uncomfortable and it becomes difficult to fall asleep! Lotus seeds can solve this problem! This food is known to have antispasmodic, calming, sedative effect (amongst other benefits) which means to soothe your nerves enabling you to find some relief while sleeping during summers!
- Ragi (Finger Millet) – One of the staple foods in the South Indian kitchen. Ragi is rich in calcium, fiber, Vitamin D and other minerals. It is the store house of proteins. Have it mixed with a glass of boiled and then cooled water, salt and buttermilk. It will cool your body, prevent strokes and strengthen you from within to bounce back to your daily chores and office.
- Bajra (Pearl Millet) – This is a food grain which in a fact is truly Indian. It is known to India since pre- historic times and is cultivated in the hot desserts of Rajasthan. It is known to be the “miracle millet” as it contains iron eight times more than in regular rice. Not only this, Bajra also pumps up your body protein, fiber and magnesium content. It also solves your digestion and any constipation related health issues. So why to wait! Adopt Bajra immediately in your daily diet.
- Water Melons – A true summer fruit! A watermelon is made up of 92% of water. It is also a good resource of Potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, Vitamin C, vitamin B6 etc. It is also known to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress. So, if you are looking forward to staying hydrated and healthy simultaneously, your answer is super summer fruit, The Watermelon!
- Bael Fruit/ Wood Apple – The underrated Indian fruit which can be the ultimate medicinal super fruit this summer. Apart from the mythological significances, it is also rich in calcium, magnesium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B2. It helps soothe diarrhea, and acts as laxative to help in constipation. It has anti-inflammatory and hepatoprotective properties. The ripe fruit helps in keeping the mind and body cool. Commonly found in the northern part of the country this super fruit if utilized well and keep diseases at bay in summers.!
So, people what are you waiting for! Grab each of them and make your summers cool! Let the sun perspire and worry not you!
Happy Summers and happy super foods to You..!!