Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is a medical procedure aimed at dramatically lose weight. Gastric sleeve surgery is one of the most common forms of bariatric surgery that removes 70-80% of the stomach. Since it is typically done laparoscopically and does not require wide incisions, the recovery time is comparatively shorter. It’s so common that most of the time it’s used interchangeably with weight loss surgery.
Gastric sleeve surgery is considering to be a life-changing surgery. It gives patients a healthy life. Research has shown that gastric sleeve surgery decreases the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke. And it certainly improves the quality and length of life by minimizing weight-related health issues. Gastric sleeve in Turkey is life-changing, even because it provides a good chance for overweight patients to lose weight, which has not been possible by constant diets and exercise. That is why patients with bariatric surgery still use the words “pre-and post-my gastric sleeve surgery.” And it’s not just about losing weight is about feeling and being healthy, which means a lot!
Gastric sleeve surgery is a big step towards the “new you” but that does not end yet. Depending on the degree of weight loss and the type of skin/body, patients can need some cosmetic surgery to achieve their ideal appearance! It’s always best to do workouts to get the shape you want. While workouts can help with minor sagginess, they’re not going to be helpful to big ones. In that case, you can benefit from a variety of plastic surgery procedures to tighten, lift, and contour sagging areas.
Everybody is different, so there is no single “prescription” plastic surgery for patients with post weight loss surgery. Although some patients will need to be a touch on their breasts, some may need to be on their buttocks. That depends solely on the particular needs and preferences of the patient. The body is yours, so is the decision on your body. But if you’re wondering which plastic surgery procedures are in high demand after gastric sleeve surgery, then we’re happy to give you more detail about that!
Common Plastic Surgeries After Weight Loss Surgery
It is well known that most patients with gastric sleeve surgery end up with excess skin due to drastic weight loss. They may need some cosmetic surgery to remove excess skin and tighten the treated areas. What is less understood is the fact that extreme weight loss can often result in a loss of volume in some areas, such as the buttocks and cheeks. Thus, a patient with a post-gastric sleeve operation may need intervention to get rid of excess skin as well as recover volume on some sections of the body. Excess and sagging skin can be a concern for everyone whether or not they have had bariatric surgery. And we can end up with excess skin almost everywhere in our body, including your face and neck. Thanks to cosmetic surgery, there’s still a solution to excess skin, and it doesn’t matter where you get it. Let us clarify what kind of surgery you can have if you’re worried about excess skin on your body.
- Arm Lift: The arm lift, also known as Brachioplasty, is a cosmetic surgery to remove and eliminate excess sagging skin in the upper arm. The arm lift in Turkey Is a perfect solution for people who still hesitate to wave away! No more hesitating, then!
- Thigh Lift: A thigh lift is a cosmetic surgery to remove excess fat and excess skin in the inner and outer thighs. Surgery aims to improve the contour of the legs.
- Tummy Tuck: Tummy Tuck is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures not only for post-bariatric surgery patients but also for anyone concerned about excess skin around the tummy region. By removing excess skin and tightening the remaining skin in your tummy, a tummy tuck promises a flat stomach that most of us still dream of.
- Buttock Lift: Brazilian Butt Lift, aka BBL, is plastic surgery to increase the volume of the buttocks. The surgery involves taking the excess fat mainly from the stomach or other parts of the body and using (injecting) the fat in the buttocks. As a result of bariatric surgery, you can lose a lovely amount of your buttocks, but don’t worry, BBL is here to get it back!
- Breast Uplift: Often known as mastopexy, breast uplifting is a perfect cure for sagging breasts. If you want to go for a bigger size, why not have implants with your breast lift?
- Facelift: Facelift surgery promises a young-looking face by removing sagging skin. If you’ve lost volume to your cheeks, you can also take advantage of your cheek fillers for a better look!
If you do not feel comfortable in your body after weight loss surgery, then we are always here to support you! For any question and information please contact us.