Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Ensuring you have a healthy and balanced meal is critical for your well-being. With busy mornings, it is hard to make breakfast every day. Therefore, having a plan for either a few days or a week will save you all that hustle.
Benefits of Easy Grab-And-Go:
- It saves you time. Your mornings will be as easy as walking to the fridge and grabbing breakfast
- Healthy meals. Prior planning allows you to make balanced diets that you can divide into equal portions
- It saves you money. You will no longer need to buy breakfast
Tips for Prepping Breakfast:
- Simplicity. It is advisable to start with simple recipes that will not overwhelm you. Go for a meal that will require minimal preparation. In keeping it simple, also prepare a few recipes for the week; one or two recipes will suffice to avoid monotony.
- Proper Planning. For meal prepping, you could opt to use a meal planner to make your work easier. Set aside days convenient for you to plan, shop, and prepare meals. After settling on your week’s recipe, it is time to go shopping! Have a list with details of the ingredients you will require to prep the meals.
- Breakfast Meal Container. Containers for breakfast meals should be portable, easy to reheat, and should keep food fresh. They include glass bottles, mason jars, meal prep bowls with dividers, and plastic wraps.
Here are some simple and healthy grab-and-go breakfast meal ideas that require less than 30 minutes to prep.
- Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast burritos are delicious, healthy, and satisfying. You can never go wrong with a burrito. All you require are simple ingredients such as roasted vegetables, avocado, scrambled tofu, and tortilla. If you prefer gluten-free meals, you could go for a gluten-free wrap in place of a tortilla.
How to prepare?
Easy, just roast some vegetables and scramble up firm tofu with preferred spices. Once you have everything ready, pile your toppings on the tortilla and roll away.
Burritos can stay fresh when refrigerated for up to 4 days. The easiest way to store them is by wrapping each burrito individually with a plastic wrap or foil.
- Savory Vegan Breakfast
The savory breakfast bowl is high in proteins, fats, and carbohydrates that give you an excellent start for the day. They are perfect for meal prepping and are easy to assemble. All you need is a complex carbohydrate, some veggies, avocado, and scrambled tofu.
Once you have prepared the various ingredients, you can store them individually or assemble then refrigerate. For the avocados, it is better to add them as you are eating; this preserves their flavor.
Here are more recipes for savory vegan breakfast:
- English Muffin Breakfast Box
It is an assortment of different ingredients put together to meet health and convenience needs. They are relatively easy to prep, mainly because there is minimal cooking involved.
Prepping an English Muffin Box:
- Prepare some muffins of your liking; it could be sweet potato toast or regular toast.
- Add some protein. For the proteins, you can use cottage cheese or almond butter.
- Throw in some fruits such as berries or go for nuts.
- Sprinkle some maple syrup on the fruits to add taste.
Assemble these ingredients on divided containers and stack them up in your fridge. In under 10 minutes, you have breakfast prepped for 3-4 days.
- Protein pancake- Banana Egg Pancake
Are you looking for a sweet, grab-and-go breakfast meal? Protein pancakes are perfect for you.
Banana egg pancakes are rich in flavor and proteins. They take less than 20 minutes to prep. Ingredients required to prepare are ripe bananas, eggs, coconut flour, baking powder, and some oil.
Prepping a Banana Egg Pancake:
- Mix-up the bananas, eggs, baking powder, and coconut flour to get a thick paste. You could also throw in some spices to add some flavor such as vanilla and cinnamon. Pro tip: one banana is to one egg.
- Once you have everything incorporated, place the mixture on a hot, oiled skillet. Cook on low heat and flip once it turns golden brown. Pancakes cook fast and require you to be on the lookout to avoid burning them.
- When both sides are golden brown, the meal is ready. Leave them to cool and once they are cold, preserve them in the fridge in portions that are easy to grab-and-go
- Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are incredibly versatile, cheap, and convenient to prepare. No cooking is required for this grab-and-go breakfast. All you need to do is assemble the different ingredients and let them sit overnight in the fridge.
With overnight oats, you could go for fruits to be on the bottom or at the top. Fruit on the bottom overnight oats is best with mashed berries. Toppings on overnight oat can range from fruits to nuts, giving you diverse meals.
Prepare a variety of overnight oats in proportions suitable for one meal and store them in the fridge. For up to five days, you could enjoy oatmeal while avoiding monotony.
You might be too busy to prepare any of these meals, do not worry, there is a suitable alternative for you. Meal delivery service kits allow you to source prepared meals that you can quickly sort into breakfast prep. All you must do is just order, and there you have your meal.