Tripple Layer Savoury Garden Cake
Tripple layer Savoury garden cake is a fusion that I have made, of a focaccia and Shepherds pie..Why make 2 Bakes when we can have both in one? Tripple layer Savoury garden cake has 3 layers of soft wheat Jowar bread layered with chunky veggie Marinara sauce, topped with Spiced Mashed potato and frosted with grated cheese & carrot zucchini rossets. It is the perfect cake for any celebrationðŸ˜Š
- For Focaccia
- Wheat 1.5 cups+ extra to get smooth dough
- Jowar 0.5cup
- Active dry yeast-1tsp
- Lukewarm water+milk- 3/4 cup
- Flax seed powdered-2tbsp
- Salt 1tsp
- Sugar 1tsp
- Seasoning of choice 1tsp
- Chilli flakes 1tsp
- Butter 1tbsp
- For layer filling
- Garlic chopped 1tsp
- Onion chopped 1 big
- Zucchini chopped 1 small yellow and green
- Sweet corn 1/2 cup
- Seasonings of choice
- Marinara sauce 1/4 cup
- For mashed potatoes
- 3 large potatoes boiled and mashed
- Salt pepper, oregano as per choice
- Cheddar Cheese grated 3tbsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- For stuffing
- 4 boiled eggs
- For topping
- Mozerella+cheddar cheese grated 1/2 cup
- Flavoured oil- with 1tbspbutter salt,garlic,cilantro sauteed
- Strips of yellow green zucchini, carrots for roses
- Firstly make the bread dough by mixing all the ingredients and kneadind for 6 to 7 minutes to form a smooth moist non sticky dough. Keep it in sn oiled bowl and cover with damp cloth for proofing for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Prepare the filling. Sautee the vegetables. Add the seasonings & the sauce and mix and keep aside.
- Prepare the topping mashed potatoes layer. In a heavy bottom pan, boil the milk, add the seasonings and cheese & let them melt. Then add the mashed potatoes and stir till thick.
- Now for arranging the layers Prepare a tall dish which will have enough space for the rising of bread. Grease & Line with parchment paper.
- Take out the proofed dough and divide to 3 equal parts. Roll out one portion to thickness of about 2cm and line the bottom of pan.
- Divide the filling into 2 equal portions. Spread a layer of the prepared filling.Then layer with 2nd dough sheet and spread with remaining filling.
- Then place the boiled eggs in a row and cover with the 3rd layer of dough sheet.
- Cover this with the set mashed potatoes layer. Then Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg for 10 min
- Make roses with the veg strips by simple rolling them and insert them into the top layer.
- Finally brush the top with flavoured oil and bake for 40 minutes. Cool it & your savoury bake is ready to be savoured!!ðŸ˜Š
Ensure that you are using good quality yeast and that it is active.