Roasted Carrot And Beets
This colorful side dish couldn't be easier to make. Roasted veggies are my favourite way to have them, plus my home smelt like a sizzler joint, but I'm not complaining.Do try this super simple recipe for Roasted Beets and carrots a really easy side to put together when your have guests at short notice.
- 2 beets medium sized, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot medium sized, peeled and cubed
- 1 potato medium sized, washed and cubed
- 1 onion peeled and cubed
- 6-7 garlic cloves with skin
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- herbs dried, optional
- Take all the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with salt, pepper and dried herbs, toss well. Then spoon over the oil and mix well to coat all the vegetables evenly.
- Transfer the vegetables to a lined and greased baking tray, roast @ 220° C / 425° F, in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are darkened a the edges.
- Serve hot!
Calories: 166 kcal | Carbohydrates: 38 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 0.4 g | Saturated Fat: 0.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04 g | Sodium: 95 mg | Potassium: 939 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 5293 IU | Vitamin C: 34 mg | Calcium: 71 mg | Iron: 2 mg