Grain-Sugar-Oil-Dairy-Free Diet Carrot Zucchini Muffins
These Grain-Sugar-Oil-Dairy-Free Diet Carrot Zucchini Muffins are gluten-free, oil-free, sugar-free, grain-free and flourless, they are so soft and chocolatey that no one will believe that these are healthy. Mixed in just 5 minutes, baked in just 15-20 minutes these muffins make a delicious healthy dessert or snack and the best part is that theyâ€™re loaded with chocolateÂ flavour without even aÂ hintÂ of carrot or zucchini. U cannot even see the veggies inside the muffins. That means that you can easily sneak some extra veggies into your kids or anyone's diet by feeding these delicious muffins. So if youâ€™re looking to get some more veggies into your diet, or youâ€™re just craving to have soft and chocolatey muffin, then you should definitely give it a go. For vegan option, you can replace chocochips with same amount of dry fruits n nuts or if can get your hands on dairy free choco chips, go with it.
- Â½ cup zucchini grated
- Â½ cup carrot grated
- 2 bananas mashed
- Â¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Â½ tsp Baking Soda
- Â¼ cup honey 65g
- 1/4 cup choco chips + extra for sprinkling on top
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp flax powder mixed with 4-6 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven 200C
- Grease muffin cups
- Mix flax powder with warm water and set aside.
- Mash banana and set aside. Grate carrot zucchini and keep them ready.
- Cream all ingredients except zucchini carrot and choco chips. (Mashed banana, cocoa powder, flax gel, peanut butter, vanilla extract and baking soda)
- After everything is well mixed, Mix grated zucchini carrot choco chips and mix well.
- Spoon the batter ¾ full in muffin cups, sprinkle choco chips on top and bake for 15-20 min. These muffins will not rise much.
This can also be made with eggs. Just reduce a tablespoon of flax gel and add 1-2 eggs instead. These muffins don’t rise much just a centimetre or so. This recipe yielded 10 meduim size muffins for me. Keep these in airtight container for 2-3 days in refrigerator.