Apple Crisp Stuffed Baked Apples
Are you bored by eating your plain apples and making the same old apple custard? Are you looking for an easy as well as classic way to eat them. Then this recipe is definetly what you are looking for. Deliciously baked apples stuffed with apple filling and topped with oats and nuts crumble. Fresh from the oven oats and nuts crumble was crunchy and each bite with goey soft apple filling was like heaven on earth. Easy to put together with only basic few ingredients this recipe can make a boring apple into a classic breakfast, lunch or light dinner. It can also be had as a dessert by increasing a little sweetness to it.
- 5 apples
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar/ gur powder
- Generous pinch of cardamon powder
- Generous pinch of nutmeg powder
- For crumble topping;
- 4 tablespons wheat flour
- 4 tbsp oats
- 2-3 tbsp of mixed nuts powder optional
- 3 tbsp brown sugar / gur powder
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Pinch of cardamon powder
- 2 tbsp salted butter chilled
- Preheat oven
- In a bowl mix together flour, oats, mixed nuts powder (I mixed almonds, ground-nuts, cashew nuts) brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry knife, or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Keep in refrigerator.
- Chop the tops off of the 4 apples and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Don't scoop all of it out, just enough to make a "bowl" for the filling. We will use the flesh don't throw it away.
- Peel and chop 1 of the 5 apples, also clean (discard seeds and dirt) and chop the flesh that you removed from the 4 apples.
- Mix chopped apples, butter, brown sugar, cardamon, nutmeg and cinnamon to a sauce pan and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
- Fill scooped-out apples with the warm apple filling from sauce pan. Top with a generous amount of crumble topping.
- I had some green apples so thought of using both red and green apples.ðŸðŸŽ
- Place stuffed apples on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes on 200C or until crumble topping is crispy.
- Serve warm as a satisfying breakfast, side dish for lunch or a light dinner. Enjoy! â™¥
Can be had as a dessert by increasing sweetness and top it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and butterscotch sauce.
No comments yet
What a great recipe, bookmarked this