Soya Mushroom Briyani
- Meal maker ( soya chunks) – 1 cup ( soaked and drained in hot water.
- Button Mushroom – 1/2 cup sliced
- Briyani Rice – 2 &1/2 cups ( washed and soaked for 20 mins)
- Water – 1 and 1/2 cups for 1 cup of rice.
- Capsicum – 1 sliced (optional)
- Big Onion – 2 sliced
- Tomato – 2 sliced
- Green chillies – 3 sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Spices – Cinnamon,cloves,saunf, bay leaves.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 TSP
- Chilly powder – 1 TSP
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 TSP
- Curd – 1 cup
- Coriander, mint and curry leaves chopped finely.
- Lemon – 1/2
- Oil and ghee as required.
- Salt as required.
- Heat a pressure cooker, add oil and ghee. Add the spices and when they turn light brown add onions, Ginger garlic paste, coriander, mint and curry leaves and fry till soft.
- Add the tomatoes and saute it. Then add salt, turmeric, garam masala, chilly powder and curd, fry well.
- Now add the soya, chopped mushroom and capsicum and saute well.
- Add water as per the measurement, add lemon juice, check the taste and leave it to boil.
- After the water boils, put the soaked and drained rice and close the cooker.
- Leave in high flame for 1 whistle and switch off.
- Open after 5 mins and serve hot with onion raita.