Grilled Figs With Almond Crumble And Vanila Mousse
Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan presents this yummy and delicious dessert which is a show stopper of the day. With Grilled fig which adds uniqueness to this dish, Adding Almond crumble along with Vanilla mousse instead of same old chocolate mousse gives a completely different combination for a dessert lover to try on because dessert is not always about Chocolate.
- For Grilled figs
- Ripe figs 8
- Butter 30 gms
- Brown sugar 30 gms
- For Almond Crumble
- Butter cold cut into cubes 50 gms
- Sugar 50 gms
- All purpose flour 50 gms
- Almond powder 50 gms
- Chopped almond 50 gms
- A pinch of salt
- For Vanilla mousse
- Egg yolks 2
- Sugar 60 gms
- Milk 150 ml
- Vanilla bean 1
- Gelatine bloomed 1 tablespoon
- Whipping cream 200 gms
- For Garnishing
- Chocolate sauce
- Micro greens
- For Grilled figs - Cut the figs into halves and heat butter and grill the figs. Sprinkle the brown sugar allow it to caramelize, remove and keep aside
- For Almond Crumble - In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients for Almond Crumble. Add the butter and mix till you get a crumble.
- Add the chopped almonds, Place the mixture on a baking tray lined with butter paper, and bake in the multi-purpose Air Fryer at 200C till light golden brown
- For Vanilla mousse - Boil milk and scraping of vanilla bean
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl followed by Straining milk into egg mixture.
- Cook this mixture on a double boiler till it thickens like a custard. Allow the custard to cool down
- Fold whipped cream into the custard. Pour into a piping bag and chill
- Garnish and plate as shown in the picture.
MasterChef session 2 Runner up and celebrity Chef Shazia Khan demystified ‘nouvelle cuisine’ for the home cook at a food tasting event. The event was hosted by TTK Prestige, showcased Chef Shazia demonstrating the ease of recreating Michelin star quality food at home and reiterating the importance of sourcing fresh local produce and quality ingredients for fine tasting food. This Recipe uses Prestige Air Fryer which has been newly launched by TTK Prestige.
Chef Shazia Khan Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
Baked Seedai With Olive Oil
It's Krishna Jayanti today and there are so many seedai making gurus. Hence I am…
Chia Coconut Pudding Popsicles
Chia seeds give these pops some fun texture, and a little healthy boost
South Indian Breakfast Thali
No matter from which part of India we belong to, South Indian breakfast is made…
Savory Loaf Cakes: Cheese, Cashewnut And Bell Pepper Cake
Savory cakes are very popular in France, they appear in boulangeries and with a side…
Ghee Roast Onion Dosa
Ghee Roast Onion Dosa is a popular south-Indian delicacy. you can make a healthier version…
Tastiest Pancakes Of All Time!
This mascarpone pancake recipe is not only delicious but also really soft and rich in…
7 Dishes That’ll Turn Your Backyard BBQ Into A Gourmet Spread
Don’t believe anyone who tells you that a BBQ cannot be a gourmet affair. You don’t need perfect, white starch…
Solutions to Food Waste: How to Prevent Throwing Leftover Food
Solutions to food waste – Food waste is a major problem in the world today, with roughly one-third of all…
Why Do Restaurant Pancakes Taste Different?
Pancakes are one of the most popular breakfast foods in the world. They’re soft, fluffy and come in many varieties.…
How To Make Almond Milk? Nutrition and Benefits of Almond Milk
How To Make Almond Milk? Just like healthy relationships, healthy habits are crucial. With so many people becoming vegan these…
Make Your Cooking More Delicious With The Best Herbs This Season
A dish, no matter how ordinary, can be turned into something delicious using green herbs. These herbs are indeed the…
11 Best Street Foods To Eat In Varanasi (Banaras) If You Are A Foodie
What are the best street foods to eat in Varanasi (Banaras)? Varanasi, Banaras, Kashi is known as the land for eating…