Refreshing Bael Ka Sherbet/Woodapple Squash
Either you go out in sun or come back home in the sunny afternoon, Bael Sherbet gives you instant relief, as it not only quench your thirst but it cools your entire body system. Bael Sherbet is said to protect you from hot and dry summer winds (loo).has immense health and medicinal benefits for the body â€“ these include relief from constipation, indigestion, diarrhea, peptic ulcers, piles, diabetics etc. Making this sherbet is also very easy and does not involve any cooking. The thick pul;p can be stored in the refrigerator and can be served just by adding cold water to it,
- 1 piece Bael Fruit
- 1/4 Cup approx Powdered Sugar
- 200 ml approxWater
- As Per taste Lemon Juice
- Take the Bael, wash it properly.
- Break it like you break a coconut and Scoop out the pulp using a spoon/ladle.
- Put the pulp in a vessel and add some water, enough to cover it fully.
- Put this in the blender and run the blender for few seconds, say 10 to 12 seconds.
- Strain it in a colander.
- Add powdered sugar as per your taste. Fill it in a bottle/jar and chill in refrigerator.
- At the time of serving. dilute it by adding water.
- Add few drops of lemon juice, drop in ice cubes and serve.
- The quantity of sugar will depend on the sweetness of bael and your needs as well.
- You can add normal sugar also, only that it will take some time to dissolve.
- If doing by hands then leave it for an hour or so. As the pulp gets soften up and easy to mash.
No comments yet
Very Good recipe.