Oats Crusted Stuffed Baked Bread Pakora
This is an excellent makeover of regular bread pakora and weight watchers need not worry before eating as it is not fried and masala oats crusted on top give it an extra edge and takes it the other dimension.
- Bread slices-4
- Besan-1 cup
- Chilli powder as per taste
- Pinch of hing
- Caraway seeds or ajwain-1 tspn
- Chat masala 1 tspn
- Turneric powder -1 tspn
- Dhania powder-1 tspn
- Water to adjust consistency
- Green chutney-2 tblspn
- For filling
- Boiled and mashed potatoes-2
- Chopped onion-1 tblspn
- Crushed garlic-1 tspn
- Salt n pepper as per taste
- Green coriander chopped-1 tblspn
- Cheese blend-2 tblspn
- Cheddar cheese-2 tblspn
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and make a batter using water and keep aside.Meanwhile heat butter in a pan and saute some garlic and onion and mashed potatoes cook for about 2 mnts and adjust seasoning and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Now take the slices apply green chutney on both sides and place the potato filling over the slices make sure at this stage you add cream blend to the filling else when you bite into pakora it will be dry and top with cheddar cheese and close.
- After you make it like a sandwich dip in the besan batter and roll in masala oats (I used tomato flavoured patanjali oats) you can go in for any flavor of your choice.At this stage place it on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven.
- Once you place it on the tray put it in the oven for baking for about 15 /18 mnts or till the top appears brown and oats crusty.Here you go Another beautiful baked snack ready to take your calories away.You can serve this for your breakfast as well.