Mexican Strawberry Water (Agua De Fresca)
Fresh fruit water made with crushed or blended fruit is a common and popular drink all over Mexico. This recipe is extremely flavourful and refreshing. This surely peps you up when the extreme heat of the scorching sun makes you feel so squeezed up. This refreshing water/drink is a must have one to keep you feel hydrated through out the day. One can carry this along and sip it as many times as desired. Extremely flavourful and refreshing drink to have this summer. You can replace this with any fresh seasonal fruit available or mix them all to make it even more colourful and flavorful.
- Strawberries sliced 4 cups
- Sugar 1 cup
- Cold water 8 cups
- Lime cut into wedges 1 optional
- Mint leaves 1/4th cup optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together sliced strawberries, sugar and 1 cup of water. Wrap it up and keep refrigerated for 4 hours.
- Remove the strawberry mix from the refrigerator after 4 hours and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the blended strawberry mixture through a wire mesh strainer and collect over a large mixing bowl. Discard the seeds and the pulp.
- Now add the remaining 7 cups of cold water to this strained drink along with the lemon wedges and the mint leaves. However, both are optional. It tastes great even without these. I added only lemon.