Almond Dates Milkshake
Almond dates milkshake is very easy to make and is surely a complete meal by itself. Treat yourself and your family with this yummy protein, minerals and vitamins rich milkshake! This is especially good for growing kids as almonds are considered one of the best brain foods due to the presence of riboflavin and L-carnitine. Dates are rich in antioxidants and help to improve memory power.
- Â¾ cup almonds
- 15 dates preferably black dates
- Â½ cup hot milk
- 3 cups chilled milk
- 1 tbsp organic sugar or honey optional
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of dry ginger powder
- Wash the almonds and soak in hot water for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and soak in ½ cup of hot milk for 30 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the peels of the almonds. By now the almonds would have become soft enough to blend.
- In a nutriblend or juicer mixer, place the almonds and blend it to a coarse paste.
- Add the soaked dates along with the milk and blend well.
- Add remaining 3 cups of chilled milk, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder, sugar or honey if desired and blend to a thick milkshake
- Transfer this milkshake to 2 tall glasses and serve with ice cubes if preferred.
No comments yet